Agnes Water is a small sleepy town with a really cool hippy surf vibe, you won’t find anyone wearing shoes or high street shops here! If you want the Aussie
experience, this is your spot matey. We love this place as a stop off between Airlie Beach & Whitsundays and Rainbow Beach / Noosa where you visit
to go to Fraser Island. Agnes is sweeeeet for a few chilled surfy beach days.
Where is it
What can you do there
- Surf - check out Reef 2 Beach Surf School for cheap surf lessons with Grom!
- Horizon Kangaroo Sanctuary
- Scooteroo bike tour
- Castaway Survivor Experience
- Visit Lady Musgrave Island
Free things to do here
- Beach chillls
- Check out the bioluminesent plankton at night
- Go to 1770 for the epic sunset
- Visit the paperbark forest
- Cool Bananas - the cruisest most chilled hostel on the east coast!
- Backpackers @ 1770 - say hello to the resident pooch duke
RatPacker Sophie recommends: I lived here for a while, don’t wear shoes, hit the beach everyday and eat fish and chips!
Agnes is where you can find the best value surf lessons on the east coast!
Best Foodie Spot:
- The fish and chippie - they even do vinegar!
Best Place for a night out:
- Only one place here for a night out RatPackers - the tavern pub