Aussie is THE place to go if you love to partayyyyy. The sun is shining all day – so beach BBQ’s area a go, hostels are the best place to socialise and backpacker bars are dotted all over the place – so you’re never short of a party.
We’ll be sharing with you…
- Where the best bar crawls are…
- The best spots for live music
- The best spots for backpacker bants
- How to get free entry into bars..
Do you love to party on down? Are you always up for a good time?! Then Aussie is the place for you. The country is built for backpackers and travellers – providing you guys with a load of places to boogie on down and socialise with others just like you.
From the major cities like Sydney and Melbourne to small beachy towns like Byron and Noosa, we’re going to tell ya all the best places to hit up…
Cairns is the backpacker hub – you’ve got Gilligans (a huge party hostel) and Woolshed (restaurant/club) where you can be prepared for BIG nights out! We’re talking wet t-shirt competitions (guys and girls), free champagne nights for the ladies, karaoke nights…the lot!
Chat to Our Team
Airlie Beach & Noosa
If you’re planning on heading off on a Whitsundays adventure or jumping on a tour of Fraser Island, then look out for after parties (usually held in the hostel bars) and are with your crew that you spent the trip with, the best way to wrap up an unreal trip…
Brisbane aka Bris-vegas has so many bars and clubs. Fortitude valley is the place to go to if you’re down for bars, clubs or a cheesy night or, head to one of the many hostel backpacker bars like Down Under Bar & Grill for cheap food and drink.
Gold Coast – more specifically Surfers Paradise is party central.
Get yourself on a bar crawl here! Pay around $40 for a wristband that includes a drink/shot in each venue (around 4), free entry and you get instant friends!
It may be small, but Byron is the home of live music and good times!
Head to Beach Hotel on a Monday for reggae nights, grab a drink at The Railway or check out the line-up at The Northern! There are some UNREAL acts that perform here, we used to watch tones of music here.
If you fancy a big night, head to Woodies or for all things cheesy, then Cheeky Monkeys is for you.
In the big city, you are spoilt for choice! You can either head to Darling Harbour for happy hour or if you’re up for going clubbing, head to Home The Venue or Pontoon Bar.
There are also a tonne of backpacker bars around Kings Cross or head off on a pub crawls from your hostel.
We aren’t done yet! Aussie is home to a load of fab festivals – let’s gooooo:
- Falls fest – Held in various locations over the country. Alternative music scene and a few big stars too.
- Bluesfest – Based in Byron Bay, this festival is home to all things Blues and Roots.
- Splendour in the Grass – Another one in Byron and one of Aussies most popular with a line up of A-listers.
- Field Day – Sydney’s New Years Day festival held right in the cities centre.
Down for it?
Travelling is all about having a good time yewwww! I hope this low down of the top party spots along the East Coast has made you excited to get going on your adventure. Just remember drink responsibly, have an awesome time and OF course, don’t forget to make sure you spend more time without a hangover than with, you don’t wanna waste that precious Aussie time…
- If you are travelling with a big group of mates we recommend getting your party trips like the Whitsundays and Fraser Island booked WAY in advance… these trips sell out quickly and you don’t want to have to split the group up!
- Want to know more epic spots to party? Chat to one of the crew and we’ll recommend you the BEST experiences just like the ones below for you to party, meet legends and have the trip of a lifetime.. Shoot us a WhatsApp for exclusive discounts…
Experiences with party vibes.....
Chat to our Team
We operate a 24/7 service across multiple time zones. Our RatPackers have all been there and done it! Get the ball rolling on your upcoming trip. Send over your rough travel plans (including your flight details / dates). If you are yet to book a flight and seeking advice – HIT US UP ↡
I hope you’ll have an EPIC time partying during your travels, but most importantly, enjoy yourself RatPack Style.
Yewwwwwwwwwwwwww Holly (RPT Blog Writer)
Stay Tuned for my next piece…